Dental braces are devices that work by applying constant pressure on the teeth in the desired direction for a certain period of time.
Results don’t appear immediately. A mild, constant pressure needs to be applied to the teeth for a long period of time so that they might change their position in a healthy way.
The stress generated by this constant “pushing” at the level of the periodontal ligaments activates a biological process that leads to the remodeling of the alveolar bone (the bone that maintains the root of the teeth).
During this process, the bone on the compressed side will be gradually reabsorbed, while on the opposite side, a new bone structure is synthesized in order to fill in the gaps left after the tooth moved from its place and in order to support the new position.
A tooth moves (changed its position) approximately 1 millimeter per month during the orthodontic treatment.
The pressure exerted on the teeth has to be adjusted by the orthodontist every three or four weeks (according to the needs of each patient), and the treatment can take 1 to 3 years or even more, depending on the severity of the problem.
Patients must note that there are also invisible braces. These are equally effective, the only differences being the price and the way they look.
- The braces cannot be seen from the outside, which is an important aesthetic advantage.
- The invisible braces are customizable devices which can be adapted to the anatomical shape of the teeth. Regular braces are standardized according to some predefined general patterns.
- Invisible braces fit perfectly on the teeth, they are much more comfortable and offers a much more efficient corrective action than regular braces.
- Applying braces on the inside of the teeth is not just for aesthetic, but also for functional purposes, because it reduces considerably the risk of caries or damage to the enamel.
- Due to the advanced technologies used for making these braces, the prices may be higher.
- You may have some pronunciation problems immediately after applying the device until you get used to it, but this discomfort lasts only a few days.
- If the braces are damaged, the cost for reconditioning may be higher.
- Due to the placing of the device, cleaning may be more difficult.
Not every dentist has the necessary qualification to attach lingual or incognito braces. Imperial Dent is the right clinic for you if you are looking for efficient dental braces in Chișinău. Our dentists are qualified to do this type of esthetic dental treatment. Keep in mind that tourists also choose to come to the capital to get dental braces as a dental tourism practice, which only proves that this is the right choice.
Schedule a free appointment to the dentist now in order to find out more details.