Are you planning to improve the appearance of your teeth? Dental veneers are the best choice, aesthetically speaking. Veneers will give your teeth a natural, flawless appearance. They will remove any minor imperfections in the shape, color, or alignment of your teeth, and properly cared for, will provide a long-term solution for a sparkling smile.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are fragile ceramic or porcelain plates with similar transparency to natural teeth. Their surface is smooth and resistant to color changes caused by foods that usually stain teeth.
The tooth veneering technique is minimally invasive, and the results will be immediately visible. The dentist prepares the teeth by sanding away part of the enamel on the visible side of the tooth, depending on the patient’s situation. An impression of the teeth is then taken and sent to the dental laboratory. There, with the help of special technology, veneers are manufactured. These will be cemented with a special adhesive, one by one on the visible surface of the teeth.
Veneers can be an optimal solution when your teeth are cracked or chipped when there is a slight alignment issue, or your teeth have varying shapes and sizes. They are also suitable if you are embarrassed by the color of your teeth, which cannot be always corrected by teeth whitening.
Advantages of dental veneers
- The main advantage is that dental veneers give your teeth a flawless appearance. They successfully cover small imperfections in your teeth and ensure a bright smile.
- They do not stain from eating certain foods (tea, fizzy drinks, berries, coffee, red wine).
- This treatment does not require endodontic treatment (removal of the nerve and devitalization of the teeth) and involves only minimally invasive polishing.
- The dental veneers are precise in their execution, adapting to your face. A dental specialist will recommend the most suitable option for you.
- Properly maintained, they become a long-lasting solution.
- Dental veneers have similar properties to natural enamel.
Disadvantages of dental veneers
- Once this polishing has been carried out, your teeth will have to be constantly covered with veneers or crowns.
- You may feel slightly sensitive to hot and cold for a few days after this procedure.
- Dental veneers can only be applied to people with appropriate dental occlusion and not suffering from bruxism. Otherwise, there is a risk that the veneers may fracture.
- This treatment is carried out on healthy teeth, without cavities or other conditions that may negatively influence the results. In other words, teeth with problems must first be treated, and then the veneering is done.
Have you decided to improve your smile with dental veneers? Do not hesitate to make an appointment by contacting one of our specialists at Imperial Dent, Chisinau, Botanica.