Dental crowns are the most functional and aesthetic way to restore a tooth’s integrity. The technology involves fixing the crown to the artificial root of the titanium alloy implanted in the bone tissue. The biocompatible titanium provides complete titanium integration and functionality for a 20-25 year period. For this reason, the more popular among patients is the zirconium oxide crown.
Meet Valeri Balta, General Dentist and Medical Chief at Imperial Dent, who tells us about 7 reasons that will convince you to opt for a zirconium oxide crown:
- Excellent aesthetic results. Unlike the metal-ceramic dental crown that does not let the light pass, the zirconium crowns do not differ from real teeth. This is directly related to the optical capacity of the material to transmit natural light, translucent nuances and tones.
- Remarkable precision. With their help, extraordinary precision is achieved in crown fixing. It also ensures that it fits perfectly with the tooth, which minimizes the possibility of caries developing between crown and tooth.
- Perfect compatibility with the mouth tissue. The prosthetic structures of zirconium dioxide are perfectly compatible with soft tissues, do not cause allergic reactions and even stimulate the growth of gums.
- Eliminate any possibility of an allergic reaction. In addition to allergic reactions, the electroplating effect is problematic, in the case of a metal-ceramic crown (metal-mouth reaction), making ceramic based on zirconium oxide exceptional.
- Total absence of corrosion. Crowns on zirconium support do not cause discomfort when eating cold or hot products. Zirconium oxide is thermally inert, unlike any metal-composite crown. The thickness of the zirconium oxide support is 0.4 mm. This allows minimal grinding, and crowns are much lighter than the metallic ones.
- Very high resistance and durability of the work. Zirconium has excellent mechanical properties – bending and cracking resistance. Zirconium oxide crowns can serve for decades without the need for restoration. They do not deform with time, unlike metals.
- Remove marginal coloring. The top layer of ceramics is very resistant and translucent at the same time, with a wide range of colors and shades, which allows perfect imitation of the natural tooth.
To get acquainted with the entire team of dentists and the broad spectrum of services they provide, we invite you to visit the Imperial Dent clinic’s website. Here you will also find answers to the most frequently asked questions from patients before visiting a dentist. For any additional questions you can call +373 69-259-238; +373 22 26-03-25. It is very important to ask in time for dental treatment to be effective and painless.
To get a wider view of the treatment you have to follow, you are welcome to have a free personalized consultation from Monday to Sunday from 8:00 to 21:00. The dental clinic in Chisinau Imperial Dent awaits you with open arms.