A perfect smile involves care and effort in every treatment performed by a professional dentist. That is why, the health of the teeth starts, first of all, from a healthy appearance and from the correct shape of the teeth. Problems related to incorrect tooth growth are worrying more and more parents who turn to professionals for a viable treatment. Even many adults finally come to the conclusion that in order to be both functional and aesthetic, the teeth must be perfectly arranged. In these cases, the optimal treatment solution is obvious – braces.
Their history dates back to antiquity when the first corrections of the wrong positions of the teeth took place. After that, in the 18th century in France, the foundations of modern orthodontics were laid by the Frenchmen Louis Bourdet and Pierre Fauchard.
If a few years ago they were a taboo, now braces in Chisinau have become a popular treatment among adults.
So what do you need to know about orthodontic treatment and what does it entail?
When do you need braces?
You go to a dental clinic when you have problems such as:
- space of different sizes between the teeth;
- crowded teeth;
- rotated teeth;
- misaligned teeth.
Likewise, a dentist may recommend the orthodontic appliance when he notices that the occlusion is incorrect or when the shape of the teeth is blunted on the surfaces where the teeth touch. Another reason may be the joint pain that comes from the temporomandibular joint, which is responsible for the movements of the mandible. Sometimes, headaches and position problems go hand in hand with deficiencies in the development of teeth, so they can be among the reasons to turn to an orthodontist.
There is no age limit for wearing braces, but orthodontic specialists in dental clinics in Chisinau recommend that adults should be examined immediately after the eruption of the wisdom teeth, and children to visit the dentist after the change of all baby teeth. Usually, mobile devices solve the problems of malocclusion in children up to 12 years, in the case of adolescents and adults a fixed device for straightening teeth is recommended.
Can teeth be straightened without braces? How do braces straighten teeth?
Teeth straightening treatment consists of several preliminary steps that will help the orthodontist to correctly install the braces and obtain expected results.
Here are the preparation steps:
- the inspection is performed and then comes the dental radiography to correctly assess the condition of the teeth and to sketch an effective treatment;
- a tooth impression will be taken and sent to the laboratory to make a study model (model on which braces will be applied);
- If necessary, the dentist will intervene with changes in the current shape of the teeth to create a space on the arch (oval arrangement of the teeth).
After completing these steps, depending on the chosen model (invisible braces or fixed metal braces), the dentist fixes the orthodontic device on the patient’s teeth. From this moment, it exerts a certain pressure on the teeth, thus moving them to the desired positions. At this stage, there are some dynamic processes called resorption and bone opposition. Therefore, the jawbones undergo a reshaping by which a certain amount of bone disappears, this being replaced by another. Thus, the position of the root of the teeth will change, and they will grow harmoniously.
Surely you have heard different myths about braces and wondered which of them are true and which are just an invention and gossip. We will try to elucidate some of them and bring clarity to the information about a dental appliance in Chisinau.
Here are the 3 most popular myths:
- “If the baby teeth are straight, the permanent denture will be the same.” – this error occurs among the parents of children up to 6 years old. As the mandible grows, the space between the baby teeth increases and they erupt. If this phenomenon does not occur, the orthodontist recommends wearing braces. Any specialist in pediatric stomatology will confirm this.
- “Orthodontic treatment is not as effective for adults.” – another false information that is circulating among patients. There is no such thing as the perfect age to start the orthodontic treatment. Regardless of age, teeth straightening is an effective solution in obtaining correct tooth aesthetics. The only difference is the duration of treatment, which is usually longer in adults.
- “Strange marks remain on the teeth after the braces are removed.” – Destroying this myth is possible with proper dental hygiene. All bracket wearers should pay close attention to dental care. With this, no braces will leave marks on the teeth.
And in the end, we are sure that you’re wondering, how much do braces cost? Well, you should know that the final price depends on several vital factors, such as:
- The current condition of teeth;
- The complexity of the incorrect shape of the teeth;
- Types of braces your dentist can offer you;
- The dental clinic you went to.
Tooth straightening treatment is sometimes complex and often lengthy, but be sure that the results are worth the effort. Moreover, a modern dental clinic can provide you with a special dental appliance, which requires rarer visits to the doctor. It is important to prepare yourself psychologically and choose the right dental clinic in Chisinau to get a beautiful smile and healthy teeth.